How do I start new water, sewer and trash service?

To establish new water, sewer and sanitation service: **Please note, request for new service and deposit received after 3:00 pm will result in connection on the following workday. 

Option 1 Please come by the City Hall and bring the following: A valid picture ID (Driver’s License) A copy of your signed lease or Closing Disclosure A deposit payable by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card (Master Card, Discover, or VISA). Out of state checks and Driver’s Licenses are accepted. You will also need to fill out a Residential Water Service Application. 

Option 2 You may download the Residential Water Service Application, fill it out and return it by mail, by fax, or by email: Utility Billing P.O. Box 159 Fate, TX 75132 Fax: 972-722-8266 Please note, you will need to include a copy of your Driver’s License with your mailed, emailed or faxed application. We will need proof of ownership or for customers who are renting or leasing a home, we must receive a copy of your rental/lease agreement, as well. Your deposit must be received by the Utility Billing department before a service will be established. We do not accept deposits online or over the phone.

Show All Answers

1. How do I start new water, sewer and trash service?
2. Who do I contact regarding trash service?
3. What are my payment options?
4. How is my sewer fee calculated?
5. When are water bills due?
6. Why do I have a penalty fee?
7. When is the disconnection date?
8. Where do we pay our property/school taxes?
9. What causes taste and odor change in the water?
10. Is the water safe to drink?
11. If I have a water/sewer problem after business hours, or to report a water main break or sewer issue, who do I contact?
12. How do I find out if a certain piece of property has water and sewer services?