Department of Public Safety General Information
The Operations Division is considered the backbone of the Fate Department of Public Safety. The Police and Fire divisions are the most visible section of the department, providing around-the-clock service to the citizens of Fate.
We consist of highly trained officers, firefighters, and supervisors that work to serve the city 24/7. Our patrol officers work a 12- hours shift and are responsible for enforcing state and municipal laws and ordinances designed to protect life and property. Our firefighters work a 24-hour shift and respond to fire and medical calls. Most likely, the first person you will see when you need the Police, Fire, or EMS will be one of our Public Safety Officers. These PSO's take pride in serving the citizens of Fate.
Each Public Safety Officer is certified by the State of Texas as a Police Officer, Firefighter, and EMT or Paramedic and under a shift lieutenant's direct supervision. Public Safety Officers handle a variety of calls during their duty shifts. Anything from Police calls for service to Fire calls or providing medical aid as a first responder.
The Criminal Investigation Division is responsible for all investigations of crimes and conducts sensitive or special interest investigations as directed by the Director of Public Safety This includes the following duties:
- Follow-up on field officer reports, completes thorough prosecution and case reports.
- Conducts interviews with both suspects and victims of crimes, and is responsible for investigating crime scenes including identifying, collecting, processing, and documenting of evidence.
- Filing cases with the District Attorney's Office.
- Obtains and executes arrest and search warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and other necessary legal documents.
- Internal Affairs Investigations.
- Crime scene reconstruction.
- Processing and maintaining all evidence through the property room.
- Assisting with other Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the state and country.
- Maintain Sex Offender Registration Files.
The Criminal Investigation Division may be reached Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm at 972-772-7994
Property release is by appointment only. To make an appointment call 972-772-7994 x 145.
The Fire Marshal Division is committed to ensuring that the lives and property of the citizens and guests of the City of Fate are adequately protected from fire and its related hazards. The Fire Marshal is dedicated to promoting the safe practices and principles of fire protection services, educating the public on fire safety, investigating and reporting on fire incidents or explosions, enforcing local ordinances, building plans review, inspecting all businesses, and state-certified institutions annually for fire and life safety hazards.
The Fire Marshal can be reached at 972-772-7994 extension 121 or email: [email protected]