Commercial Services

Commercial Services (water, sewer and sanitation):

All documents and deposits must be provided before services are established. There are 2 options to establish new water, sewer and sanitation service. A Certificate of Occupancy must be attained or applied for before services can be set up. For more information on obtaining a Certificate of Occupant visit here

Option 1 - In Office 

Please come by the City Hall and bring the following: 
  • A deposit payable by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card (Master Card, Discover, or VISA). Out of state checks are accepted. Please contact our office for the total deposit amount or visit here.
  • A Certificate of Occupancy. 
  • Proof of ownership, such as your Closing Disclosure OR your signed lease agreement.
  • A completed Commercial Water Service Application. This is available in office also. 
  • A valid picture ID or Drivers License (Out of state id's are accepted).
  • If you are leasing the property a Rental License is required. Services will NOT be set up unless this is provided. Please visit here for more information

Option 2 - Email, Fax or Mail

The required documents listed under Option 1 are accepted by email, fax or mail. Please note the deposit must be paid in office, by mail or in the night drop box. Deposits are not accepted online or over the phone.

  • Email: [email protected]
  • Fax: 972-722-8266
  • Mail: Utility Billing, PO Box 159, Fate TX 75132
  • Drop Box: 1900 CD Boren Parkway, Fate TX 75087. The silver drop box located next to the East entrance.

*Please note, request for new service and deposit received after 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday will result in connection on the following workday. Requests received after 11:00 am on Friday will result in connection on the following workday.

Customer Deposits

Each commercial utility customer is charged a water deposit, a sewer deposit, and a non-refundable $50 application fee. The water and sewer deposits are refundable, less the amount due on the final bill, upon closing the account. Customers may also request (in writing) a refund of a utility deposit after twelve months of utility service. The customer's account may not show any penalties charged against the account during the twelve months prior to the request in order to qualify for a complete refund of deposit.

Sanitation Carts

For all options, your poly-cart will be delivered the week following the week the order is placed. The poly-cart stays with the business when and if a customer moves to a new address. Customers who remove the poly-cart when they move will be billed the replacement value of the item(s).

*Please note: recycling is not available for commercial accounts and commercial accounts needing a roll-off or dumpster will need to contact Waste Connections directly at (972) 289-6714 to set up service. 

Disconnect Services

If you are moving please complete and submit the Disconnect Form by email, fax, mail, drop box or in person at the City Hall.

Customers are responsible to notify the Utility Billing Department of a (future) disconnection date to avoid discrepancies with the final date.

*Please note, request for disconnect of service received after 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday will result in disconnection on the following workday.