Understanding Your Statement
1. This section details your service address, account number, billing date, service period, and due date.
2. This section lists the previous and current readings in the hundredth place. Your usage is calculated by subtracting the current and previous readings.
3. This section lists the itemized charges associated with the current service period. Water Base and Sewer Base charges do not change regardless of consumption amount. These are for the treatment of water and maintenance of pipes.
Water Consumption is water that has passed through your meter. This is calculated by subtracting the previous month's meter reading from the current month's meter reading.
Sewer Consumption is based on the winter average months of December, January, and February. It is updated every March.
Refuse is the weekly trash service that includes 96-gallon trash and a recycling cart. Extra Poly is for additional carts.
4. This section will show your current balance, paid after the due date, and information on past due balances. Current charges are due by the due date listed. Failure to pay current charges by the due date will result in a late fee. Past due balances are due immediately to avoid disconnection.
5. This graph will show an overview of your water consumption history.
6. This section will show important and helpful information.
7. The terms list penalty and disconnection details.
8. The Payment Coupon should be provided with payment to ensure timely and efficient posting of your payment.
Water and Sewer Rates
Sewer is billed based on a “Winter Average,” which is the average consumption over December, January, and February. This average is billed each month from March through the following February.
A new “winter average” is calculated the following year. The December, January, and February time frame is used because these are historically the lowest water usage months.
For new residents, sewer is billed based on the “City-Wide Average” consumption. After a resident’s services have been provided for a full December, January, and February their bill will include their personal "winter average."
To save money, families who monitor and conserve water during this time frame can expect a lower sewer charge annually.
Monitor your Water Usage
Customers are also encouraged to check for water leaks to ensure accurate water usage. My Water Advisor® 2.0 is a useful online tool that empowers you to better manage your water consumption throughout the month and proactively identify troublesome leaks.