The City is committed to providing financial transparency information to the community. The pages that follow are in compliance with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Transparency Star program.
The landscape of financial transparency has changed. So, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts introduced the Transparency Star program. The City is committed to providing the information required by the State program.
On this page, you will find financial information and links to the financial information that provides information on how City tax dollars are budgeted, spent, and invested.
Traditional Finances contains information required by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts to qualify for the Comptroller's Transparency Stars program. This page contains information for a broad understanding of the City's finances.
The traditional financial information includes budgetary reports and audited financial reports, as well as information on the City's investments, financial policies, and payroll data. Downloadable check registers and budgets allow interactive access to important financial information. Now, citizens can access key financial information by simply navigating through the budget and reports section.
- Governmental funds represent programs and services that benefit citizens and visitors, such as public safety, parks and recreation, animal services, capital maintenance, and renewal initiatives. The costs of these services are primarily financed with property tax and sales tax revenues.
- Proprietary funds rely on fees and charges for their support. These funds include the provision of water service, sewer service, and trash collection.
The following financial information is taken from our FY 2021 Annual Financial Report, pages 19 and 22.
|FY 2021||Amount||Per Capita|
|Fate Population (Based on Utility Accounts - 9/30/2021)|
|Full-Time Employees (Fiscal Year 21)|
The budget serves as the financial plan for the City. The annual budget shows estimated revenues and proposed expenditures by fund level and also department and account type. The most recent budget data is provided in a downloadable format.
- FY 2022 Adopted Budget - Raw Format
- FY 2022 Adopted Budget - PDF
- FY 2021 Adopted Budget - PDF
- FY 2020 Adopted Budget - PDF
- FY 2019 Adopted Budget - PDF
- FY 2018 Adopted Budget - PDF
In accordance with Article 6 of the City of Fate Charter and Chapter 102 of the Texas Local Government Code, City Manager presents the budget to the City Council.
Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
These reports provide a quantitative look at the operating success, financial health, and compliance with governmental guidelines. It includes a balance sheet, statement of revenues and expenses, statement of changes in financial position, statement of cash flows, and comparison of budgeted to actual expenses and revenues.
- FY 2021 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2020 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2019 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2018 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2017 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
These reports provide access to the City's payment records.
- Check Report 10/1/21 - 3/31/22
- Check Report - Payroll - 10/1/21 - 3/31/22
- Check Report FY 2021
- Check Report - Payroll - FY 2021
- Check Report FY 2020
- Check Report - Payroll - FY 2020
- Check Report FY 2019
- Check Report - Payroll - FY 2019
These reports provide access to the City's Investment Policy and Quarterly Investment Reports
Financial Management Policy
The Fate Financial Management Policy is the framework for the fiscal management of the City. These policies were developed within the parameters established by applicable provisions of the Texas Local Government Code and the City of Fate Charter. The policies are intended to assist the City Council and City staff in evaluating current activities and proposals for future programs. The financial management policy is updated annually.
- October 31, 2021 Report
- November 30, 2021 Report
- December 31, 2021 Report
- January 31, 2022 Report
- February 28, 2022 Report
- March 31, 2022 Report
- April 30, 2022 Report
- May 31, 2022 Report
- June 30, 2022 Report
- July 31, 2022 Report
- August 31, 2022 Report @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>