Utilities & Water
The Utility department strives to be a resident-centered organization, providing accurate and timely utility services that are consistent for all residents. It is our goal to provide upkeep and maintenance to the water and wastewater systems, so we can provide overall superior quality services. So, when you turn on your faucet or flush your toilet, there are no surprises!
- Utility Payments
- Trash and Recycling
- Understanding Your Bill
- Utility Forms
- Billing Information
- Helpful Tips!
Accepted methods of payment:
Please mail payments and correspondence to:
City of Fate
Please Note: payments submitted through your bank will result in a check being sent from their payment processing center not submitted electronically and may be delayed based on your bank's individual check release date. Be sure to set the draft date at least 7 days before the due date (the 15th of each month) to ensure adequate payment processing time.
An after-hours drop box is available at Fate City Hall, 1900 CD Boren Parkway. Please place payments in the silver drop box by the main door. Payments are processed the next business day after 7 a.m. Do not place cash in dropbox.
Pay By Phone
Payments must be received on or before the DUE DATE, the 15th of every month. Payments made with a post-date are subject to the disconnection date (8 am on the 25th of every month). Post-dated payments are not extensions and will not protect your account from disconnection or penalties.
The due date on your bill applies to the current charges only. Any past due amount must be paid immediately. Failure to receive a bill does not waive late fees or disconnects. The City of Fate is not responsible for the U.S. Postal Service, and if payment is mailed but not received before the due date/cutoff date, late fees or disconnects are not waived. Statements are mailed on the 20th of the month and due on the 15th of the following month. Payments made after the due date will be charged a 10 percent late fee.
*Please Note: A 2.25% processing fee will be added for all credit card and debit card transactions. This includes transactions made online, by phone, in person, and by credit/debit card automatic draft.
Trash and Recycling Policies
Garbage and Recycle Schedule
Trash and Recycling Rates
Household Hazardous Waste
Inside city limit residential addresses, visit HHW Solutions to schedule a pick up of household hazardous waste.
Below are the forms needed to manage your utility service. Both online and printable forms are available for most applications. Choose the option that best suits your need.
New Utility Services
- Residential Water Service Application (online)
- Residential Water Service Application (PDF)
- Customer Notification (online)
- House Warmers Sign Up (online)
- Commercial Water Service Application (online)
- Commercial Water Service Application (PDF)
- Hydrant Meter Application (online)
- Hydrant Meter Application (PDF)
Trash Only Services
- Trash Only Application - Residential (online)
- Trash Only Application - Residential (PDF)
- Trash Service Application - Commercial (online)
- Trash Service Application - Commercial (PDF)
Update Account Information Forms
- Billing Information (online)
- Billing Information (PDF)
- Authorization to Make Changes (online)
- Authorization to Make Changes (PDF)
- Utility Billing Account Maintenance (online)
- Utility Billing Account Maintenance (PDF)
- 96-Gallon Recycle Cart Request (online)
- 96-Gallon Recycle Cart Request (PDF)
- Utility Disclosure Form (online)
- Utility Disclosure Form (PDF)
Water Adjustment Form
Payment Information & Forms
Utility Billing Policies & Procedures
- Billing cycles are from the 15th day of each month to the next. Water bills are mailed on or about the 20th day of the month and are due by the 15th of the following month. If payment is not made by the 15th, a late fee of 10% of the amount owed will be added to your account on the 16th.
- If, for any reason, you do not receive your bill by the 1st of the month, please call the Utility Billing department at 972-771-4601. If payment is still not received by 8 am on the 25th, the service will be scheduled for cut-off, and a $50 fee will be charged to restore service to the account.
- For customers who choose to take advantage of online banking, please note that your bank will send a paper check to our office by US Mail. Payments are not posted to your account until we receive and process these payments in our office. Actual receipt of the check may take up to 10 days from the time your bank notifies you that the funds have been taken from your account. Example: If the date on the check from the bank is the 15th and the payment is received in our office on the 16th, it is considered late and a late fee will be added to your account.
- A fee of $35 will be charged on all returned checks. You will be notified, and if the check is not paid, the information will be sent directly to the Attorney General’s Office for collection. No subsequent checks will be accepted.
A night drop is available for after-hours and weekend payments, and is located at:
1900 CD Boren Pkwy
Fate, TX 75087
PLEASE NOTE, your account will be discontinued if:
If your service has been disconnected for non-payment or a non-sufficient funds check, you will be required to pay a deposit of $150, if one is not already on file, and a $50 fee to reconnect service to your account.
Tips for new and existing customers:
- Check and change the settings on your irrigation system to avoid any surprises on your utility statement. For watering, conservation ideas, and general information on programming an irrigation system visit our Water Conservation page.
- The city will use your consumption between mid-November and mid-February to calculate your new sewer average. Conserving water use during this time can make a positive impact on your statements.
- Register here to receive city-wide important disruption notifications via text or phone call.
- To double-check the reading on your most recent statement simply look at the register located on your meter. The readings on the register are similar to a car's odometer, the numbers are always moving forward.
- If your irrigation system is not in use, turn the double check valve off to ensure your irrigation system will not use water if it resets without your knowledge.