Utilities & Water
The Utility department strives to be a resident-centered organization, providing accurate and timely utility services that are consistent for all residents. It is our goal to provide upkeep and maintenance to the water and wastewater systems, so we can provide overall superior quality services. So, when you turn on your faucet or flush your toilet, there are no surprises!
- Starting New Service
- Trash and Recycling
- Water and Sewer Rates
- North Texas Municipal Water District
- My Water Advisor
- Water Conservation
- Water Quality Reports
- Contact Us
Welcome to the City of Fate. Please choose from the list below for the type of new utility services you are looking to set up.
* Please note the City provides water and solid waste collection services. Click here for a list of other new resident services.
*Please note: request for new service and deposit received after 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday will result in connection on the following workday. Requests received on Friday will result in connection the following week.
Customers are responsible to notify the Utility Billing Department of a (future) stop date to avoid discrepancies with the final date.
Below are the forms needed to manage your utility service. Both online and printable forms are available for most applications. Choose the option that best suits your need.
New Utility Services
- Residential Water Service Application (online)
- Residential Water Service Application (PDF)
- Customer Notification (online)
- Housewarmers Sign Up (online)
- Commercial Water Service Application (online)
- Commercial Water Service Application (PDF)
- Hydrant Meter Application (online)
- Hydrant Meter Application (PDF)
Trash Only Services
- Trash Only Application - Residential (online)
- Trash Only Application - Residential (PDF)
- Trash Service Application - Commercial (online)
- Trash Service Application - Commercial (PDF)
Update Account Information Forms
- Billing Information (online)
- Billing Information (PDF)
- Authorization to Make Changes (online)
- Authorization to Make Changes (PDF)
- Utility Billing Account Maintenace (online)
- Utility Billing Account Maintenance (PDF)
- 96-Gallon Recycle Cart Request (online)
- 96-Gallon Recycle Cart Request (PDF)
- Utility Disclosure Form (online)
- Utility Disclosure Form (PDF)
Water Adjustment Form
Payment Information & Forms
There are many convenient ways to pay your utility bill.
Accepted methods of payment:
- Personal Check
- Money Order
- Master Card
- American Express
*Please Note: A 2.25% processing fee will be added for all credit card and debit card transactions. This includes transactions made online, by phone, in person, and by credit/debit card automatic draft.
To pay your utility bill online, you will need:
- Your credit card,
- Utility bill, and
- Last payment amount made.
To take advantage of Automatic Draft, fill out our Automatic Debit Form and submit in person, by mail, email, or fax.
* Online you may set up a credit card and e-check draft on our payment site.
*In person, the City can set up an auto bank draft for your convenience.
Please mail payments and correspondence to:
City of Fate
Attn: Utility Billing
P.O. Box 159
Fate, TX 75132
An after-hours drop box is available at Fate City Hall, 1900 CD Boren Parkway. Please place payments in the silver drop box by the main door. Payments are processed the next business day after 7 a.m. Do not place cash in dropbox.
Pay By Phone
Call 833-250-4482 to make your credit card payment over the phone. You will need your account number and service address.
* Please Note: payment must be received on or before the due date (the 15th of every month). Payments made with a post-date are subject to the disconnection date (8 am on the 25th of every month). Post-dated payments are not extensions and will not protect your account from disconnection or penalties.
* Please Note: payments submitted through your bank will result in a check being sent from their payment processing center not submitted electronically.
Trash and Recycling Policies
Carts should be placed at the curb no later than 7 AM on the scheduled collection days and returned to the garage at the end of the day. Service hours are completed at 7 PM.
To better serve you, please leave space around your carts and other objects to allow the automated arm to retrieve the carts and improve collection efficiency. Please place carts at least 3 FEET away from each other, cars, mailboxes, light poles, and any other stationary object. Place the cartwheels toward the house.
Large items over 50 pounds or 48" in length that does not fit in the trash cart are considered bulk trash. This does not include extra trash bags. Residents are allowed ONE bulk item per trash day and will need to call Waste Connections to arrange pickup at 469-452-8000. Some items may incur a fee.
For detailed information, please review the Trash and Recycle Guide.
To Ensure Service:
- Do not overpack or place loose trash in the cart.
- Break down boxes before placing them in the cart.
- Cart lids must be completely closed.
- Do not place trash bags outside, beside, or on top of the cart.
- Bag trash so that while dumping the cans loose trash does not spill out.
*Trash and recycle pick-up will be delayed by one day on Waste Connection's observed holidays:
- New Year’s Day*
- Thanksgiving Day*
- Christmas Day*
Example: If your normal pick-up day is Tuesday then pick-up will take place on Wednesday and so forth.
Garbage and Recycle Schedule
Please see the map below for trash and recycling collection days. Please place both your trash and recycling on the curb by 7 am on your regularly scheduled trash day. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the City of Fate at 972-771-4601.
Trash and Recycling Rates
The collection of solid waste is provided by the contract services of Waste Connections.
- Trash Rate - $17.71 per month (includes one GREEN 95-gallon cart and one BLUE 95-gallon recycle cart)
- Extra Trash Carts - $10.83 each per month
- Extra Recycle Carts - $2.17 per month
For cart assistance, contact the Utility Department at 972-771-4601 or via email
- If when you move in, there is no trash or recycle carts are located at the residence,
- If you require an additional cart,
- Or if your cart has been damaged.
All new poly-carts, poly-cart repairs, or extra poly-carts will be delivered the week following the week they are ordered.
For roll-off information, please contact Waste Connections directly at 903-450-8282.
With the goal to improve recycling across the region, the City of Fate is partnering with the North Central Texas Council of Governments and surrounding cities to launch the "Know What To Throw" recycling education campaign. KNOW WHAT TO THROW is a fun campaign to educate residents on the correct items to recycle and what items are not acceptable. To test your recycling skills, take the DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO THROW quiz.
Utility Billing Policies & Procedures
- Billing cycles are from the 15th day of each month to the next. Water bills are mailed on or about the 20th day of the month and are due by the 15th of the following month. If payment is not made by the 15th, a late fee of 10% of the amount owed will be added to your account on the 16th.
- If, for any reason, you do not receive your bill by the 1st of the month, please call the Utility Billing department at 972-771-4601. If payment is still not received by 8 am on the 25th, the service will be scheduled for cut-off, and a $50 fee will be charged to restore service to the account.
- For customers who choose to take advantage of online banking, please note that your bank will send a paper check to our office by US Mail. Payments are not posted to your account until we receive and process these payments in our office. Actual receipt of the check may take up to 10 days from the time your bank notifies you that the funds have been taken from your account. Example: If the date on the check from the bank is the 15th and the payment is received in our office on the 16th, it is considered late and a late fee will be added to your account.
- A fee of $35 will be charged on all returned checks. You will be notified, and if the check is not paid, the information will be sent directly to the Attorney General’s Office for collection. No subsequent checks will be accepted.
A night drop is available for after-hours and weekend payments, and is located at:
1900 CD Boren Pkwy
Fate, TX 75087
PLEASE NOTE, your account will be discontinued if:
If your service has been disconnected for non-payment or a non-sufficient funds check, you will be required to pay a deposit of $150, if one is not already on file, and a $50 fee to reconnect service to your account.
The North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) provides vital water, wastewater, and waste management services to more than a million people who call North Texas their home, including the City of Fate. For a detailed breakdown of your water and sewer rates click here.
Monitor Water Usage
Fate is excited to announce our partnership with Master Meter, Inc. to bring an advanced technology that is designed to enhance your customer service experience, empower you to better manage your water consumption throughout the month, and proactively identify troublesome leaks.
My Water Advisor® 2.0 easily allows you to access your account via a web-ready device (computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone application) in real-time while providing the following benefits.
- Create monthly water budgets
- Proactively conserve water
- Address high consumption during the month – not after it’s too late when the bill arrives
- Be notified of leaks throughout the month to address them promptly
Water conservation is important. Learn how to program your irrigations system, how much water your yard really needs, filling a pool, lowering your water bill, and many more useful tips here.
Youth Water Conservation Program
Water conservation is for everyone, even kids! Water4Otter is a water conservation program developed by the North Texas Municipal Water District to teach youth about their water source and the importance of saving water.
Annual Water Quality Reports
Each year, the City produces a water quality report. View the reports here.
Tips for new and existing customers:
- Check and change the settings on your irrigation system to avoid any surprises on your utility statement. For watering, conservation ideas, and general information on programming an irrigation system visit our Water Conservation page.
- The city will use your consumption between mid-November and mid-February to calculate your new sewer average. Conserving water use during this time can make a positive impact on your statements.
- Register here to receive city-wide important disruption notifications via text or phone call.
- To double-check the reading on your most recent statement simply look at the register located on your meter. The readings on the register are similar to a car's odometer, the numbers are always moving forward.
- If your irrigation system is not in use, turn the double check valve off to ensure your irrigation system will not use water if it resets without your knowledge.