The mission of the Building Inspections Department is to ensure that minimum requirements established through the ICC are met to safeguard the public health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Fate.
Our purpose is striving to achieve excellence in all facets of building inspections. We are committed to providing quality services to all citizens through innovation and excellence in customer service. Through education and cooperation we can build positive working relationships within the building community, consumers and citizens.
City of Fate Adopted Codes
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fire Code @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2020 National Electric Code
- 2018 Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Inspections & Contractors
- Contractors must request inspections through the MyGov System.
- Homeowners may call our office or send an email to email@example.com to request an inspection.
- Popular MyGov System Pages:
- Contractor Registration
- Contractor Renewal
- Contractors - to see a list of all active contractors registered to work in the City of Fate please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Garage Sale LicenseObtaining a license for your upcoming garage sale is easy and done completely online. The process does not require City staff - once you complete the three step process you'll be able to download and print your garage sale license. Things to know before getting started:
- There is NO FEE to obtain a garage sale license
- The online garage sale licensing process takes approximately 90 seconds
- Garage sales cannot last longer than 72-hours (e.g. Thursday, 10 am to Sunday, 10 am)
- At least 7 calendar days from the beginning of the preceding garage sale must elapse before another garage sale can lawfully occur (e.g. starts Thursday, 10 am - next garage sale cannot start until the following Thursday, 10 am)
- A maximum of 3 garage sales are authorized in any calendar year
- VERY IMPORTANT - On step 2, at top of page, you MUST "set" the "start date". The date you select should be the date when your garage sale is planned to start.